We accept applications and reach out to neighborhood organizations to identify low-income, hardworking families whose homes are in need of repair, typically seniors, disabled, veterans, and single-parent families.
We partner with the City of Chicago and a mix of generous organizations to raise the funds to provide help with home repairs for low income families. We also provide opportunities for caring volunteer groups to assist homeowners in completing repair.
WHY IT MATTERS
Critical home repairs benefit the family living in the home, the neighborhood where they live, and our entire community.
Home repair is important to homeowners because it
- Ensures families are living in safe and well maintained homes.
- Prevents families from being displaced from their homes and forced into transitional housing or shelters.
- Protects families' financial investments.
- Restores the homeowners' dignity and pride of homeownership.
Home repair is important to communities because it
- Revitalizes neighborhoods.
- Preserves the history and culture of neighborhoods while implementing sustainable improvements.
- Inspires neighborhood inhabitants to reinvest in their communities.
- Protects Chicago's stock affordable housing.